About Zhuhai, China
Zhuhai is a prefecture-level city located on the southern coast of Guangdong province in the People’s Republic of China. The city is located in the Pearl River Delta, and borders Zhongshan, Jiangmen and Macau. It was one of the Special Economic Zones that were established during the 1980’s. Also referred to as the Chinese Riviera, Zhuhai is a major tourist destination in China. The city is home to millions of people and Zhuhai was named as the most livable city in China in a report released in 2014 by the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences.
Popular Destinations in Zhuhai
Zhuhai is a beautiful coastal city and one of the best places to explore on a vacation. Here are some of the top attractions in Zhuhai to consider for your itinerary:
Statue of Fisher Girl: Located at Xianglu Bay, the Statue of Fisher Girl is one of the most important landmarks in Zhuhai. The statue stands at a height of 8.7 meters and it is made of granite that weighs over 10 tons. The Fisher Girl stands with both hands up in the air in an elegant pose that symbolizes Zhuhai’s brightness.
Pearl Amusement Park: The Park is located in the hometown of Sun Zhongshan, next to Cuiheng Village and facing the Tangjia Bay of Zhuhai. It occupies more than 400,000 square meters of land. Highlights include blooming flowers, dense wood and prosperous grass as well as an exotic atmosphere, architectural design and picnic areas.
Jintai Temple: The temple was established during the South Song Dynasty and is located on Huanyang Mountain, the first on the Pearl River Deltta. The temple spans an area of more than 3,000 square meters and its interior can be accessed via any of three entrance halls. Today, Jintai Temple is a popular destination for tourists from all over the world and Buddhist pilgrims.
Dong’ao Island: Also known as The Kingdom of Plants, Dong’ao Island has a history spanning more than 250 years. The island is home to several bays including Dazhu Bay, Xiaozhu Bay and Nansha bay. It was once a garrison frontier from 1729 and the remains are well preserved. Rusted cannons can still be seen on the city wall facing the South China Sea. The island is famous for its Guanyin sculpture, which is believed to bring fertility to people who pray here. It is also famed for being the coast where the British unloaded smuggled opium during the 1800’s.
New Yuanming Palace: Located at the foot of the Lanpu Dashilin Mountain, the New Yuanming Palace covers over an area of 1.4 square kilometers and is a reproduction of the original palace by the same name located in Beijing. The reconstruction features recreations of numerous scenic spots as well as modern aspects like Fuhai Lake, Royal Palaces, and Royal Food Shops.
Luxury Lodging in Zhuhai
Here are some of the available lodgings in and around Zhuhai to consider:
- Bamboo Hotel Zhuhai
- Catic Hotel
- Chimelong Hengqin Bay Hotel
- Dehan Hotel
- Grand Bay View Hotel
- Grand Hyatt Hong Kong
- Guang Dong Hotel Zhuhai
- Guotai Hotel Zhuhai
- Harbour View Hotel And Resort
- Holiday Inn Zhuhai
- Island Shangri-La, Hong Kong
- Jiali Wanhao Hotel
- Kingdo Hotel
- Lavande Hotel
- MGM Macau
- Nanyang Seascape Hotel
- Ocean Spring Metropark Hotel
- The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong
- The Venetian Macao
- Zhuhai Charming Holiday Hotel
- Zhuhai Holiday Resort Hotel
- Zhuhai Hongdu Hotel
- Zhuhai Leisure Hotel
Airports In or Nearby Zhuhai
Interested in renting a private airplane to Zhuhai, China? Zhuhai is an important destination for many different types of commercial and leisure activities, thus there is a number of airports serving it. Here are some of the nearest airports you can utilize:
- Macau International Airport (MFM): Located approximately 16 miles away from Zhuhai, the international airport is government-owned and operated by Sociedade do Aeroporto Internacional de Macau S.A.R.L. The airport has one main passenger terminal and a single concrete runway in the 16/34 direction. There also more than 20 aircraft parking spaces in the apron, along with four jetways. The airport operates without a night curfew.
- Hong Kong International Airport (HKG): Located approximately 22 miles away from Zhuhai, the airport is operated by the Airport Authority Hong Kong. The airport has two terminals and a North Satellite Concourse which is equipped with ten jet bridges and made for narrow-body aircraft. The airport sits at an elevation of nearly 30 feet above mean sea level and two asphalt runways in the 07R/25L and 07L/25R directions.
- Zhuhai Jinwan Airport (ZUH): Located approximately 31 miles southwest of Zhuhai’s city center, the airport is operated by Hong Kong-Zhuhai Airport Management Co.,Ltd. and is open for both public and military aircraft operations. The airport sits at an elevation of nearly 24 feet above mean sea level and a single concrete runway in the 5/23 direction.
- Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (CAN): Located less than 80 miles away from Zhuhai, the international and domestic airport is operated by Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport Co. Ltd. and is open for public use. With three concrete runways in the 01/19, 02R/20L and 02L/20R directions as well as more than 170 aircraft parking bays, the airport can serve over 40 million passengers annually.
- Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport (SZX): Also regarded as a domestic airport, it is operated by Shenzhen Airport Company Ltd. and is located approximately 88 miles away from Zhuhai. The airport has a new terminal that is thrice the size of two of its former terminal and has 62 boarding gates. The airport features two concrete runways that are in the 15/33 and 16/34 directions.
- Foshan Shadi Airport (FUO): Located less than 90 miles from Zhuhai, the airport is open for public and military use. The airport features one runway in the 01/19 direction, and sits at an elevation of about six feet above sea level.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Zhuhai?