About White Plains, NY
White Plains is situated in the Westchester County, NY, about seven miles east of the Hudson River. Being less than 45 minutes away from the bustling New York City, White Plains receives a high level of private jet charter traffic, as many charter clients reside in and around White Plains. Many of the wealthiest neighborhoods in the nation can also be found near White Plains, including Sterling Ridge in Harrison and Murray Hill-Heathcote in Scarsdale.
Popular Destinations in White Plains
Here are several attractions and activities in White Plains and its surrounding regions:
Philipsburg Manor: This attraction used to be a notorious trading center for African American slaves and a bustling gristmill. Today, it stands as a very well preserved 1750 colonial farm. When you visit this manor, docents will greet you in period costumes and bring you around the manor, the mill and educate you about the hardships of slavery as well as early American farming.
Rye Playland: You will find no less than 50 exciting themed attractions and rides designed to thrill the entire family. Designated as a National Historic Landmark, this family amusement park was built in 1928. Today, there are many family friendly activities you can engage in here, such as indoor ice-skating, mini golf, and lake boating.
O’Connor’s Public House White Plains: O’Connor’s Public House in White Plains features a wide selection of draft beers. This bar also has pool tables, darts boards, trivia nights, and other games. Here, barbecue foods are on the menu, as well as other appetizing delicacies prepared from the freshest ingredients.
Santhigram Wellness: If you are looking for a traditional Indian rejuvenation experience, visit the Santhigram Wellness Spa. Ayurvedic treatments are used to bring balance to your body and balance your mental, spiritual, and physical energies. Multiple types of nourishing therapies are offered here, as well as tailored and personalized body detox programs.
Luxury Lodging in White Plains
In the surrounding regions of White Plains, you will find a handful of luxury accommodation options to choose from. Here are some of the top picks:
- Castle Hotel & Spa
- Doral Arrowwood
- Furnished Quarters Bank Street Commons
- Glen Cove Mansion Hotel
- J House Greenwich
- Luxury Suites Upper West Brownstone
- The Delamar Greenwich Harbour
- The Ritz-Carlton, Westchester
Airports In or Nearby White Plains
Seeking a private aircraft charter to White Plains, New York? Here are some of the most important airports around White Plains that you can use for your private jet charter flights:
- Westchester County Airport (HPN): This airport was used by nearly 1 million passengers in 2010 and it is located just three miles from the central business district of White Plains, NY. It features six commercial airlines and has two asphalt paved runways.
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA): This airport was used by approximately 24 million passengers in 2011 and it was originally built in 1929. The airport is located 25 miles away from White Plains, it features two asphalt paved helipads and two asphalt/concrete runways. It is mainly used for general aviation purposes.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK): This airport is situated 34 miles away from White Plains and more than 70 airlines use it. The airport was built in 1943 and in 2014, it handled nearly 53 million passengers, making this one of the busiest airports in the U.S. It features four asphalt paved helipads and four asphalt/concrete runways.
- Teterboro Airport (TEB): This airport covers an area of 830 acres. It is situated just 12 miles from midtown Manhattan and 35 miles from White Plains. In was originally built in 1919 and it is home for a multitude of private charter companies which fly nationally and globally. The airport features two asphalt paved runways.
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR): This airport is situated close to the city of Newark in New Jersey and it was originally known as Newark Metropolitan Airport. It features three asphalt/concrete runways and 1 asphalt paved helipad. In 2014 this airport was used by almost 36 million passengers, making it one of the busiest airports in the United States. The airport is 43 miles away from White Plains.
- Tweed New Haven Airport (HVN): This airport is located close to the city of New Haven and it currently features two asphalt paved runways. Tweed New Haven Airport is 60 miles away from White Plains, and mainly serves general aviation traffic.
- Morristown Municipal Airport (MMU): This airport is located three miles from the central business district of Morristown in New Jersey, and 56 miles away from White Plains. It is used for general aviation purposes and it features two asphalt paved runways. The airport also stretches over an area of 625 acres.
- Long Island MacArthur Airport (ISP): This airport covers an area of 1,300 acres and it was originally known as the Islip Airport. The airport is located near the town of Ronkonkoma, 61 miles away from White Plains. It features four asphalt paved runways and two asphalt paved helipads. The Long Island MacArthur Airport usually sees more than two million passengers per year.
- Stewart International Airport (SWF): Sixty one miles away from White Plains, this is a joint civil-military use airport located in Orange County, New York. It features two asphalt paved runways and one asphalt paved helipad. This airport was originally developed in 1930s as a military airbase. It currently stretches over an area of 1,500 acres.
- Bradley International Airport (BDL): Located 110 miles away from White Plains, this Hartford based airport is the fourth nearest international airport to White Plains, after LaGuardia Airport, John F. Kennedy International Airport, and Newark Liberty International Airport. It has three asphalt paved runways and has handled around six million passengers in 2014.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to White Plains?