About West Palm Beach, FL
The city of West Palm Beach in Florida is the country seat of the Palm Beach County. It holds the reputation for being the oldest city in the South Florida Metropolitan area, since it was incorporated in 1894. West Palm Beach also contributes immensely to the arts and culture scene in Florida, being that it is home to various centers of performing arts as well as museums.
The economy in the city is mainly driven by the hospitality industry, as well as electronics and technology firms. Some of the notable firms that have a presence in the city include ION Media Networks, General Dynamics, Pratt & Whitney, Sikorsky Aircraft, and CSC. The main airport for West Palm Beach, Palm Beach International Airport, receives a lot of jet charter traffic.
Popular Destinations in West Palm Beach
West Palm Beach has a great array of activities you can embark on as a visitor to the city. Here are some of the top picks:
Worth Avenue: An upscale shopping district in Palm Beach, FL, Worth Avenue offers a sheer luxury shopping experience. It stretches across four blocks from Lake Worth to the Atlantic Ocean, and was voted one of America’s top three “Most Iconic” streets in 2013. There are more than 250 high end boutiques, restaurants, art galleries here for you to indulge in. Top retailers include luxury brands such as Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Gucci, Hermès, Cartier, and Hamilton Jewelers.
The Norton Museum of Art: This is a museum started by Ralph Norton with the intention of putting on display his extensive art collection. The museum was started in 1941 and has since grown by leaps and bonds. It currently has more than 5,000 pieces on display, and is an ideal venue for those interested in culture and history.
The Kravis Center for Performing Arts: The Kravis Center is a 2,500-seat facility hosts a wide variety of acclaimed performances on a regular basis, including live music, dance and musicals.
CityPlace: This large complex features a number of well known outlets, including Banana Republic, Sephora and Macy’s. However, unlike most other traditional shopping centers and malls, CityPlace is actually more active at night.
Luxury Lodging in West Palm Beach
Being a popular destination city in the United States, West Palm Beach has many lavish hotels and resorts. Some of the most highly rated hotels include:
- Eau Palm Beach Resort and Spa
- Four Seasons Resort Palm Beach
- Jupiter Beach Resort and Spa
- PGA National Resort and Spa
- Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Resort and Spa
- The Brazilian Court Hotel and Beach Club
- The Breakers Palm Beach
- The Chesterfield Palm Beach
- The Colony, Palm Beach
- Tideline Ocean Resort and Spa
Airports In or Nearby West Palm Beach
Looking for a private aircraft charter to West Palm Beach, Florida? There are quite a number of active airports near to the city of West Palm Beach. Some of these airports ideal for private jet travel include:
- Palm Beach International Airport (PBI): This is the major airport in the region, located three miles away from the city. The airport currently covers an area of more than 2,000 acres, and has three runways all of which have an asphalt surface. It also offers facilities for helicopter landing and parking, as well as general aviation hangars.
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL): This is the next major international airport serving the region. It is located around 45 miles from downtown West Palm Beach. It processes more than 20 million passengers a year, and mainly serves commercial air traffic.
- Palm Beach County Park Airport (LNA): Palm Beach County Park Airport is a county-owned public use airport located around 10 miles from West Palm Beach. It has been categorized as a reliever airport for the nearby international airports, and is alternatively known as the Lantana Airport.
- North Palm Beach County General Aviation Airport (F45): This is a public access general aviation airport located around 12 miles away from West Palm Beach. It covers an area of around 1,800 acres, and has one turf runway as well as to asphalt ones. The airport records an average of 40,000 aircraft operations a year. It also boasts two helicopter landing pads as well.
- Boca Raton Airport (BCT): The Boca Raton Airport is located around 25 miles from West Palm Beach. It is in close proximity to the Interstate 95, making it easy for users of the airport to commute to and from it. The airport is owned by the City of Boca Raton and is designated as a general aviation airport. It sits on roughly 200 acres of land and has one asphalt runway.
- Pompano Beach Airport (PPM): This is an airport/air park located around 38 miles from the city. It currently has three runways all of which have an asphalt surface, and sits on 935 acres of land. It is a popular airport for private aircraft users, with around 170,000 aircraft operations a year.
- Witham Field Airport (SUA): The Witham Field Airport is located around 40 miles from the West Palm Beach CBD. It is a publicly owned airport, serving mainly general aviation needs. It is particularly popular with private aircraft owners, serving as the base for more than 200 private and business aircraft.
- Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport (FXE): Located 42 miles from West Palm Beach, the Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport is yet another popular general aviation facility for private jet owners. It serves more than 200,000 aircraft operations a day, and sits on over 1,000 acres of land. The airport serves as the base for more than 700 aircraft.
- Palm Beach County Glades Airport (PHK): This airport services an average of 36,000 aircraft operations a year, translating to more than 100 a day. The vast majority of these are general aviation based.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to West Palm Beach?