About Ibiza, Spain
Ibiza is an island located 49 miles off the coast of the city of Valencia. It is an autonomous community of Spain, and the third largest of the Balearic Islands. The summer climate of the island usually ranges between 70°F to 80°F, and it experiences snowfall once every ten years. Ibiza is widely considered as a popular tourist destination due to its bustling nightlife. Although Ibiza is known mainly for its party scene, its scenic attractions are equally alluring as large portions of the island are registered as World Heritage Sites by UNESCO.
Popular Destinations in Ibiza
The island is regarded as a living legend by many party goers, especially because electronic music originated from Ibiza. It plays host to many awesome beach parties, and has amazing clubs and bars.
Amnesia, Ibiza: This club provides the ultimate Ibiza clubbing experience, and has long been the playground for the rich and famous. Like any other super clubs, the main dance floors of Amnesia can get very busy and are well known for the creation of the amazing communal moments when everyone put their hands in the air in unison. The club covers the best of dubstep, trance, house, techno, and live shows.
Sa Cova Winery: The island’s climate makes Ibiza an ideal location to grow quality grapes and its commercial wine industry is starting to emerge as a result. Sa Cova Winery a nine hectare vineyard visitors should visit to learn more about the fine Ibizan wines.
Ses Salines National Park: This national park plays host to a number of beautiful beaches, species of birds and plants that are native to Ibiza and Formentera. Because the park has a rich ecosystem of flora and fauna, it is included in UNESCO’s list of World Heritage Sites.
Privilege, Ibiza: Privilege is renowned for providing grandiose and spectacular vibes, and is dubbed as the World’s Biggest Club in the city, but even such a distinction is not going to prepare for visitors for the massive scale of what they are about to enjoy inside Privilege. The size of the main room is as big as an aircraft hangar and can probably fit the majority of other clubs in Ibiza. Privilege’s glass encased Vista Club is also a favorite with fans of house and techno raves.
Port of Ibiza: The Port of Ibiza provides a good change of atmosphere from the party scenes in Ibiza. There are many fishing boats, cruise ships and luxury yachts accessing this port, and there are many wonderful cafes and restaurants that are available near the port.
Luxury Lodging in Ibiza
Ibiza is home to a large number of luxury hotels and resorts, and they include:
- Aguas de Ibiza Lifestyle and Spa Hotel
- Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort
- Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza
- Hotel Argos
- Hotel Ibiza Corso
- Ibiza Gran Hotel
- Ibiza Gran Hotel
- Insotel Fenicia Prestige Thalasso
- ME Ibiza
- Mirador de Dalt Vila
- Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel
Restaurants in Ibiza
3 Michelin stars:
Padre Damián 23, 28036 Madrid
2 Michelin stars:
- La Terraza del Casino:
Alcalá 15-3°, 28014 Madrid
- Ramón Freixa Madrid:
Claudio Coello 67, 28001 Madrid
- Sergi Arola:
ZURBANO 31, 28010 Madrid
paseo de la Castellana 57, 28046 MADRID
1 Michelin star:
Jorge Juan 33, 28001 Madrid
- Kabuki Wellington:
Velazquez 6, 28001 Madrid
- Punto MX:
General Pardiñas 40, 28001 Madrid
Regueros 8, 28004 Madrid
- La Cabra:
Francisco de Rojas 2, 28010 Madrid
Airports In or Nearby Ibiza
Interested in renting a private aircraft to Ibiza, Spain? There are many airports in Ibiza that serve private aircraft as Ibiza is one of the most popular destinations in the world for luxury travelers. Some of these include:
- Ibiza Airport (IBZ) : This airport serves 95% of the air traffic to and from Ibiza. It is located around four miles southwest of the town of Ibiza. The airport is fairly small, featuring only one terminal. The airport has also been modified to cater for disabled clients. Ibiza airport handles around six million passengers a year. The airport also provides facilities for private aircraft owners, including hangars for rent.
- Palma de Mallorca Airport (PMI): This airport serves as the home base for Hamburg International and Air Berlin. It is located around 80 miles from Ibiza. This is recognized as one of the most well equipped airports in the region, with facilities such as baggage wrapping machines, kids play areas and free WiFi provision.
- Castellón Airport (CDT): This is one of the alternative airports for travelers who want to reach Ibiza by air. It gives one the opportunity to avoid Ibiza Airport which can sometimes be busy especially during the peak seasons. The airport is 105 miles away from Ibiza, but the excellent infrastructure between the two locations makes it easy for one to shuttle to and from either airports.
- Valencia Airport (VLC): Valencia Airport is located 105 miles from Ibiza. It is the 8th busiest airport in Spain in terms of passenger numbers, and is located five miles west of Valencia. It serves in excess of five million passengers a year. The airport is used by both commercial and private aircraft, though the former predominates. Private aircraft owners may need to consult the airport authorities in advance prior to using its services.
- Alicante International Airport (ALC): This is the 6th busiest airport in the country based on passenger numbers. It is located 5.5 miles southwest of Alicante, and 110 miles away from Ibiza. It serves more than nine million passengers a year, as well as more than 3,000 tons of cargo. Alicante International Airport also serves as the base for Ryanair, Vueling and the Norwegian Air Shuttle.
- Son Bonet Aerodrome (LESB): Son Bonet Aerodrome is a civil airfield in Mallorca. Though it was first built in the 1920s, it has received a number of facelifts to make it capable to accommodate both commercial and private aircraft today. Over the years, air traffic to and from the aerodrome has increased. Today, it serves more than 75,000 flights a year, most of which are general aviation flights.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Ibiza?