About Farmingdale, NY
Farmingdale is a small village in Nassau County on Long Island, NY, with a population of approximately 8,200 residents according to a 2013 census. Situated just 29 miles away from the New York Metropolitan Area, Farmingdale attracts residents who reside in the neighboring NY suburbs. Nassau County itself has been ranked by Forbes as the wealthy county in the state of New York. Today, Farmingdale enjoys a low unemployment rate of 4.8%. The most common industries based in Farmingdale are construction, transportation, and warehousing.
Popular Destinations in Farmingdale
Farmingdale attracts a multitude of tourists every year thanks to its quaint town charm. Here are some of the most attractions in Farmingdale, NY:
Bethpage Black: A golf course established in 1935, Bethpage Black is one of the most famous golf clubs in the United States. Although everyone is welcomed to play here, this golf course is more suitable for experienced golfers. It can get quite busy during weekends, so making a reservation before visiting is recommended. Lots of caddies available here for clients to transport their golf equipment.
American Airpower Museum: This museum preserves the legacy of the Americans who sacrificed themselves during the World War. Here, you can admire a multitude of brilliant aircraft, which were used during the war, particularly the P-40 Warhawk.
Adventureland: This place is packed with thrilling kids’ rides, including roller coasters and water rides.
Mer’s Pub: A cozy place with lots of comfort foods and fresh beer. The food options are varied and wines from many parts of the world are served here.
Pole Position Raceway: This is a famous karting facility in the region that stretches over 120,000 square feet. It is an electric, indoor facility where you can test your driving skills. Both adults and juniors are accepted, as long as the kids’ height is 48″ or more. The karts can reach a speed of up to 45mph. Tracks are half mile long and feature thrilling bends and turns. This entertainment option is suited for both groups and individuals.
Louis Fly Academy: Visitors can fly a plane on their own at the Louis Fly Academy. Classes are taught at this aviation facility and the instructors will supervise you fully. Once you are up in the air, guests are treated to stunning natural surroundings as well as piloting the plane.
Luxury Lodging in Farmingdale
In Farmingdale, there are no 4-star or 5-star hotels. However, there are high end hotels on Long Island you can stay at. Here are some of the best hotels you can stay at in Farmingdale and its surrounding regions:
- Allegria Hotel
- Garden City Hotel
- Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center
- Gurney’s Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa
- Montauk Yacht Club Resort
- Oheka Castle Hotel and Estate
- Topping Rose House
- TownePlace Suites Republic Airport Long Island/Farmingdale
- Viana Hotel and Spa
Airports In or Nearby Farmingdale
Interested in chartering a private aircraft to Farmingdale, New York? There are numerous airports that serve Farmingdale and its surrounding regions, making it easier for you to book a private jet charter today. Here are some of the airports you can use:
- Republic Airport (FRG): Located a mile east of Farmingdale, this airport is the main airport serving Farmingdale and other Long Island towns. It has one terminal and two runways. The operations at this airport are mainly based on general aviation.
- Long Island MacArthur Airport (ISP): Formerly known as Islip Airport, this airport is located in the town of Ronkonkoma on Long Island. It stretches over 1,300 acres of land and it features four asphalt paved runways. It also has two asphalt paved helipads and the airport is used for general aviation purposes. This airport is 23 miles away from Farmingdale.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK): This airport is located approximately 23 miles away from Farmingdale and 12 miles from lower Manhattan. It is one of the busiest airports in the United States. In 2014, it was used by almost 53 million passengers. It features four asphalt/concrete runways and four asphalt paved helipads. More than 70 airlines operate at this airport which was constructed back in 1943.
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA): This airport is located 31 miles away from Farmingdale and in 2011, it was used by approximately 24.1 million passengers. The airport was built in 1929. Today, it features two asphalt/concrete runways and two asphalt helipads.
- Teterboro Airport (TEB): This airport is located 12 miles from midtown Manhattan and it stretches over an area of 830 acres. It is also 45 miles away from Farmingdale. It is home for many private charter companies which fly worldwide. It was built in 1919 and it currently features two asphalt paved runways.
- Westchester County Airport (HPN): This airport is located 3 miles from the central business district of the city of White Plains, and 51 miles away from Farmingdale. It features six commercial airlines and in 2010, almost one million passengers used this airport. It also has two asphalt paved runways and it is mainly used for general aviation purposes.
- Tweed New Haven Airport (HVN): This airport is located three miles from the city of New Haven and it features 2 asphalt paved runways. It is 98 miles away from Farmingdale.
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR): Located 56 miles away from Farmingdale, this airport was formerly known as Newark Metropolitan Airport and it is near the city of Newark in New Jersey. In 2014, this airport was used by nearly 35.7 million passengers. It currently features three asphalt/concrete runways and one concrete helipad.
- Bradley International Airport (BDL): Located 144 miles away from Farmingdale, this airport was used by nearly six million passengers in 2014 and it currently features three asphalt paved runways.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Farmingdale?