About Boryspil, Ukraine
Boryspil is a city located in Kiev Oblast in Ukraine, and it serves as an administrative center for the Boryspil Raion district. Its population is estimated to be just over 59,000 in 2013. Boryspil was first inhabited in 1154 and known under that name by 1594, but it wasn’t until 1956 that it attained a city status. It is now home to Ukraine’s main airport, Boryspil International Airport.
Popular Destinations in Boryspil
Here are some of the top rated destinations in the city:
Sophia’s Cathedral: Founded in 1037, this orthodox cathedral is the oldest ancient structure in Eastern Europe. It is adorned with frescoes and mosaics on its walls by famous artists. It has been the main temple of Kiev, and has hosted thousands of bishops over the years. Among the facilities on the cathedral grounds is a well-stocked library.
House of Chimaeras (Gorodetsky House): Located opposite the President of Ukraine’s Office, this is an art nouveau building used for presidential ceremonies since 2005. Due to its proximity to the presidential office, the building is kept under tight security. It features intricately designed animal sculptures and a gallery that are bound to impress its visitors.
Town War Memorial: The memorial honors the fallen heroes of the Second World War, specifically those who perished in 1941 during the Soviet-Nazi war. Significant highlights of the Town War Memorial include stone statues of those soldiers.
Motherland Monument and Museum of the Great War: Measuring about 62 meters in height, the Motherland Monument is a large titanium statue that pays tribute to the victory of the Soviet Union over the Nazi Army in 1941. The Museum of the Great War lies at the base of the iconic monument and was built in honor of the nation’s soldiers who died during the Second World War fighting for Kiev.
State Aviation Museum: This is an open museum, which chronicles the growth and development of Boryspil’s aviation industry. Its collection includes over 70 helicopters and airplanes, aircraft engines, drones and air weapons from the Soviet days. The museum was opened in 2003 and is the largest of its kind in Ukraine.
Golden Gate: The gate served as the main gate for the fortifications of Kiev during the 11th It was dismantled in the Middle Ages, but was rebuilt by the Soviets in the 1898’s and although the modern Golden Gate is just a replica of the original one, it is still an amazing sight.
Luxury Lodging in Boryspil
Boryspil offers many accommodation options that can make your stay a comfortable one. Here are some of the best hotels in this region:
- 11 Mirrors Design Hotel
- Alfavito Kyiv Hotel
- Black Sea Hotel Kiev
- BonApart Hotel
- Fairmont Grand Hotel Kyiv
- Hilton Kyiv
- Hotel Manufactura
- Hotel Ukraine
- Hyatt Regency Kiev
- InterContinental Kiev
- Kidev Park Hotel
- Opera Hotel Kiev
- Premier Palace Hotel
- President Hotel
- Radisson Blu Hotel Kiev
- Ramada Encore Kiev
- Royal Olympic Hotel
Airports In or Nearby Boryspil
Looking for a private jet charter to Boryspil, Ukraine? Boryspil is undoubtedly an amazing city that can facilitate your private jet travel plans. Here are some of the top airports that can be used to access the city:
- Boryspil International Airport (KBP): This is Ukraine’s largest airport that serves 65% of its passenger air traffic. The airport is operated by the Civil Government and features four terminals, where one is dedicated as a VIP terminal. With two concrete runways, the international airport capable of handling more than six million passengers per year.
- Gostomel Airport (UKKM): This is a regional airport with no scheduled airline service. The civil government airport is operated by Antonov Airlines and features a single concrete and lighted runway.
- Kyiv International Airport (IEV): This is a joint public and military airport that is operated by the government of Ukraine. It is considered to be the main and busiest business aviation airport in the country. Aside from featuring a single concrete runway, the airport also added a new business and domestic terminal in 2013.
- Cherkasy International Airport (CKC): Owned by the Cherkasy City Council, the airport is located 3.4 miles from the city center. With just one asphalt-concrete runway, the airport is capable of handling up to 400 passengers per hour.
- Havryshivka Vinnytsia International Airport (VIN): The public airport is located in Vinnytsia Oblast and is situated 3,196 feet above sea level. The airport mainly serves the city of Vinnytsia and accommodates airlines such as Yanair, Ukraine International Airlines and Montenegro Airlines. The airport features a single asphalt runway designated in the 13/31 direction.
- Belgorod International Airport (EGO): The airport is operated by JSC “Belgorod Air Enterprise” and is open for public use. It is capable of servicing narrow body airliners such as the Tupolev Tu-204, Boeing 757 and Ilyushin Il-76. The airport also features one asphalt-concrete runway and a grass runway.
- Kharkiv International Airport (HRK): Operated by “New Systems AM” LLC, the airport is the main airfield that serves the city of Kharkiv. The airport features a new and modern international terminal while the older building was converted to a VIP terminal. It features one concrete runway, and can handle more than 400,000 passengers per year.
- Dnipropetrovsk International Airport (DNK): Operated by Dniproavia, the public airport features a concrete runway and is situated 481 feet above sea level. All international airlines utilize the airport’s new terminal while the terminal built during the 1960s handles private charter and domestic carriers.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Boryspil?