About Austin, TX
Located in the center of Texas, Austin has a population of nearly 900,000 Austinites. The city is 75 miles north of San Antonio, and 160 miles south of Dallas. The relatively warm weather all year round attracts many visitors. Austin is widely recognized as a hub for business and technology, hosting approximately 85 biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, and is regarded as one of the outstanding life science and biotech centers in America.
Popular Destinations in Austin
Austin features plenty of attractions which can provide visitors with unforgettable experiences and memories. Here are some of Austin’s most famous attractions:
Texas State Capitol: The Texas State Capitol was designed in 1881 by Elijah Meyers and it was completed in 1888. This impressive building is made from pink granite, and it stands approximately 308 feet high. If you want to visit it, guided tours are available during weekdays as well as weekends.
LBJ Presidential Library: This presidential library hosts approximately 45 million pages of historical documents and about 650,000 pictures from the public career of Lyndon Johnson. It provides a year-round public viewing of its impressive cultural and historical exhibits.
Zach Theatre: The Zach Theatre was opened in 1933 and today, it has a capacity of 420 seats, serving more than 100,000 spectators each year. This is one of the oldest theatres in Texas.
Zilker Metropolitan Park: If you want to relax in the middle of the nature, the Zilker Metropolitan Park is perfect for you. Here, you can get some exercise, have a picnic, fly a kite, indulge in beautiful gardens, and snap gorgeous pictures of the stunning natural surroundings.
Barton Springs Pool: This natural limestone pool is more than 1,000 feet long and it attracts thousands of tourists every year. Here, you can swim the cool water or fish for sunfish.
Town Lake: Visitors to Town Lake can rent a canoe or a rowboat or sail along the Colorado River. During this adventure, you can see a multitude of wildlife animals and stunning vegetation.
Luxury Lodging in Austin
If you are looking for a luxurious and comfortable stay in Austin, there are plenty of choices for you to choose from. Here are some of the best picks:
- AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center
- Four Seasons Hotel Austin
- Hilton Austin
- Hotel Ella
- Hyatt Regency Austin
- InterContinental Stephen F. Austin
- Lake Austin Spa Resort
- Lakeway Resort & Spa
- Omni Austin Downtown
- Omni Austin Hotel at Southpark
- Renaissance Austin Hotel
- The Driskill
- The Westin Austin at the Domain
- Travaasa Austin
- W Austin
Airports In or Nearby Austin
Seeking a private jet charter to Austin, Texas? In and around Austin, you will find a multitude of airports that can be used for your private charter flight to and from Austin. Here are some of the most popular airports for Austin:
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS): This airport serves the Greater Austin metropolitan area, and it is situated approximately 5 miles southeast of Downtown Austin. In 2014 alone, almost 11 million people traveled through Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, making this airport the 36th busiest airport in the United States. Stretching over 4,200 acres, this airport also features two runways and three helipads.
- San Antonio International Airport (SAT): Located approximately eight miles north of Downtown San Antonio, this airport serves the Greater San Antonio metropolitan area, and it features three runways, covering more than 2,600 acres of land. In 2014, approximately eight and a half million passengers traveled through the San Antonio International Airport.
- Austin Executive Airport (EDC): Situated just 12 miles away from Austin’s CBD, Austin Executive Airport was opened in 2011. This young airport currently stretches over 585 acres, and features two asphalt paved runways.
- Killeen–Fort Hood Regional Airport (GRK): This is a relatively small military/commercial joint-use airport in the state of Texas, situated seven miles southwest of Killeen’s CBD. More than 230,000 passengers used this airport annually, which features a single runway.
- Easterwood Airport (CLL): Opened in May 1940, the Easterwood Airport is just located three miles southwest of College Station, and it has two runways. The terminal of this airport offers complimentary two hour parking spaces for visitors.
- Waco Regional Airport (ACT): This airport is situated five miles northwest of Wac, and is approximately a 25 minutes drive from Baylor University Campus. It covers approximately 1,350 acres of land, and it features two asphalt runways. Built and opened in July 1942, Waco Regional Airport is currently under expansion to add three more jet ways and a larger lobby space.
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH): Located approximately 23 miles north of downtown Houston, George Bush Intercontinental Airport serves the Greater Houston metropolitan area, and it services flights to and from international as well as domestic destinations. In 2011, this airport was accessed by approximately 40 million passengers, making it the 10th busiest airport in the United States. It features five concrete runways and 5 terminals.
- Victoria Regional Airport (VCT): Previously known as simply Victoria Field, this airport is six miles northeast of Victoria’s CBD, and it is frequently used for both military and general aviation. Victoria Regional Airport features four runways with an additional helipad, and it is also served by one commercial airline.
- William P. Hobby Airport (HOU): This airport is a regional center for domestic airline services as well as private aviation. It is located approximately sevin miles from downtown Houston. William P. Hobby Airport was opened in 1927, and it features four runways. It is served by six commercial airlines, and it has one terminal with 26 gates.
- Corpus Christi International Airport (CRP): Opened in November 2002, this airport is just five miles west of Corpus Christi’s CBD, and it features two asphalt paved runways. It is mainly used for general aviation, and it has one terminal with six gates.
Interested in a Private Jet Charter to Austin?